CIB Graduate Program
This program was developed to attract talents and retain the best graduates. Applications will be opened and several dozen applications are expected from 1 to 15 September 2017.
This program will be comprised of 6 graduates, up to 25 years of age, with a grade point average of 14 or higher (out of 20), preferably in Management, Economics, Finance, Banking, Mathematics, Accounting and Engineering, completed less than two years ago ( 2016 and 2017) and fluent in English.
The program aims to:
- Enhance participants' ability through the experience, exposure, and confidence needed to obtain permanent placement within a business unit area in CIB and Operations.
- Make Standard Bank Angola a leader in the development of young graduates with the skills and competencies needed to hold senior positions at the Bank.
- Create and develop a talent pool for the Bank in order to minimize the high cost of recruiting talent externally.
What do we offer?
This is our essence: moving forward and going far, because whoever wants to move forward fast goes alone, but whoever wants to move forward and far goes accompanied. Are you a recent graduate in Management, namely Banking, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Accounting? Well, come work with us and see for yourself, how this different bank can take you further.
We are committed to quality and value in everything we offer our customers. And because you will contribute to both from the moment you join us, it is only fair to recognize the quality you bring. And how we value it.
You will see this in the way we manage and reward your performance, as well as the extra benefits you may be entitled to - such as health insurance, food allowance, training, etc.
- The 16-month Program will integrate young graduates and begin with a period of induction that will give you a broad perspective on the business, customers and territory in which we sail.
- In addition to the role that you will perform, you will have a training program for the necessary to achieve exceptional results in our Bank. You will meet some of our senior colleagues who will share with the vision of the Bank, enabling you to get to know people, culture and operations.
- The learning path will benefit from the solid know-how of our employees, but will also have external guests. You will learn with outstanding professionals, in a culture of support, knowledge and availability, but you will also have the opportunity to learn from your colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Fixed Term Contract during the course of the program, with possibility of conversion into Permanent Contract after final evaluation and satisfactory results.
This is a perfect combination that will stimulate you to do what we expect you to do best - question, challenge and anticipate the future.
Business Unit Areas
The 16-month program seeks to facilitate and accelerate the integration within Standard Bank of Angola and create the necessary conditions to develop the core competencies and autonomy for excellence in the specialized business unit areas of Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), namely:
- Investment Banking
- Global Markets
- Transactional Products and Services
- Corporate Banking
- CIB Operations
- CIB Credit
The Ideal candidate
Fresh graduates students must have a positive energy and attitude, willingness to learn, be able to add value to the bank, be analytical, show initiative and a lot of sense of responsibility. Characters that will give each selected graduate the opportunity to work and collaborate in five different business areas.
In line with our universe, we will privilege candidates with:
Main skills and characters:
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and self-confidence
- Identify and organize resources to solve problems
- Work autonomously and act with confidence
- Make decisions, however, diplomatic and adapted to the team
- Managing conflict in difficult situations
- Be able to think and initiate new projects
- Communicate your point of view with clarity and effectiveness
- Take responsibility for the consequences
- Have a great vision for your life and career
Fresh Graduates (from 2016 or 2017) with an average mark of 14 or higher, preferably specializing in:
Maximum age: 25 years
Language: Fluency in English
The Stages of the Proccess
To conduct an effective selection of students, Standard Bank Angola primarily intends to carry out a series of direct contacts (interviews) with students, namely through job fairs in the facilities of 3 largest Angolan Universities (Agostinho Neto University, Catholic University, Methodist University) and presentation sessions by Bank Senior Management employees. This is a demanding process for attracting talents.
Thereafter, candidate will take online tests for logical reasoning and personality, have interviews with Human Resources and Heads, and finally we will announce the successful students approved to start the program. The Bank offers a remuneration package with a market-competitive salary and other benefits.
The recruitment process for fresh graduates consists of a series of challenges occurring during the month of September 2017:
- Application by September 15, 2017 (firstname.lastname@example.org under the reference "CIB Graduate Program - 2017")
- Interview with Human Resources and Bank Senior Managers – We will get to know you a little more as a person and to better understand your academic background and career aspiration.
- Online Psychometric tests for logical reasoning and personality that will help us discover your skills and to understand your profile.
If you reach this stage, there is likely a great alignment between your skills and our expectations. This is the time to clarify any last questions and the step that can change your life.
Join the team and show who you are!
The Learning and Development Path
The program is structured in a system of on-the-job rotations in several business unit areas of Corporate and Investment Banking and Operations, allowing the development of new skills and a cross-functional view of the business. The program will run for 16 months, starting in September this year and ending in November 2018:
- Induction in Angola
- Standard Bank Customer Experience
- Banking Principles and Operations
- Risk & Credit Management
- Group Induction (South Africa)
- Corporate Banking
- Investment Banking
- Global Markets / Treasury
- Transactional Product Services
- Career Planning and Development (Performance Management)
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Presentation Skills
- Team Building Skills
It is important to note the following:
- All participants are required to attend each of the programs, which shall be non-residential.
- There may be various test /assessments after each of the courses and candidates are required to make not less than 80% of the marks.
- Candidates are required to be punctual at all times during the training sessions and fully participate in discussions.
Certificates will be awarded after completion of each module.